Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Thing #7"

I already love google. I love google maps and I have used them extensively! My 9 year old loves to sit at the computer and search google maps for historical buildings. I had heard about Google Earth, but thought that was what I was looking at with the maps. It is so much cooler! I can't wait to get my 9 year old on the computer so he can look again at all those historical places with google earth. I will never get him off the computer.

I already use Picasa for my budding photography hobby. I had yet to create an album and so I did so with "Thing #7". My Aunt in Louisiana is going to love me! She has already been getting onto me for not sending her updated pics. They're comin', Grand Diane!!! They're comin'!! If you can't wait to see them, you can check my album out here.

I checked out the Google notebook and well, to be quite honest, it looks like a lot of work. I already have too much on my plate and I just can't imagine remembering to keep up with that one. I will check back with it at a later date, but for now, I am glad to know it is just....there.

3 comments:

VWB said...

I think it is great that you have shared your blog with family and can use it as a vehicle to share memories!

Josie said...

I love google maps too. When getting directions it is so nice to "see" where you are going.

MomOf2 said...

My son has found Google Earth very entertaining (wow...learning geography??). Being afraid of heights, I don't like the feature of starting at the view of earth and then "falling" to your destination. Although you do not always have to use this feature, when searching with my kids, they find this too fun to pass up....UGH!!! By the way, did you know there was a road out there called "Nowhere" (I believe my son said it was in Georgia??). He found that out while playing on Google Earth versus playing video games. He has learned/used a variety of map skills that he didn't even realize he was using during his "play time". What a great tool!