Wednesday, August 11, 2010

11 Tools - #11

Was a little confused on what "digital citizenship" meant, but I think Cool Cat had the best explanation. I appreciated the fact that she included etiquette as a quality of digital citizenship. The lack of etiquette is already something I have seen at the elementary level as the kids discover Facebook and something I plan on continuing to emphasize. I would also like the students to fully grasp the understanding of what the internet is so they don't take everything by it's face value. I would like to teach my students how to research and authenticate the information on the internet by example in my teaching. I would also like them to be selective on their materials and not just take whatever pops up first. I would hope that I can model digital citizenship in my classroom better this year than I have in the past.

No comments: