Wednesday, August 11, 2010

11 Tools - Tool # 8

(Tool #7 is still downloading after an hour and a half so I am moving on to 8)
"Sabre Dance" by Aram Khachaturian performed by Vanessa Mae (youtube.com)



"Hallelujah Chorus" by Handel performed by the "Monk Chorus" (some highschool..again youtube.com)


I use online videos ALL the time to show my students a real performance of a song, hear and see an instrument being played, see a performance, etc. These two videos were used when we did our listening unit at the end of the year. The students heard the piece first, then I provided them with a video either serious or entertaining for them to relate to the piece of music.

It is never ending to what you can find on the internet to support your lesson. I have a projector hooked up to my computer throughout the year (I am not fortunate to have an ActivBoard - attention School board!!!). Videos again support my foundation of teaching the whole learner.

No comments: