Wednesday, August 11, 2010

11 Tools - Tools Reflection

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox?
Love Photostory and all the image programs! I can easily see giving my students a composer or instrument and having them create a wonderful project (other than Powerpoint) to describe it to the class. Fun class project that might involve wikis (once I have grasped that concept). I also like the Jing tool. Can't wait to explore that one too to help in my communication with other teachers in the district.

2. How have you transfomed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? 11 Tools has got me motivated to bring more technology into the classroom and to hand it over to the kids. When technology first reached our classroom, it was something that the teacher did only to teach their lesson. Now, we need to transform our thinking that technology is something that can make our teaching and their learning easier and efficient.

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I am still not a fan of blogging. When I did 23 Tools, it was a struggle. Still is something I'm not comfortable doing. I know how much I enjoyed 23 Tools so I was expecting to enjoy 11 Tools just as much...and I did!

1 comment: