Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thing #14

This one had me a bit overwhelmed. Technorati has a neat way of organizing blogs and I found the video feature interesting for my field, but there is so many different ways to go and I can see myself getting very distracted with all the tangents of wanting to read more. Of course, I attribute this to my self-diagnosed ADD which really kicks in when there is a lot on the screen.

I did use the search tool and found that Technorati seems to have a lot of technical problems. It was unable to search blogs only posts then when I went back, it was unable to do either. I waited and continued on to the popular lists and when I went back it found nothing for "School Library Learning 2.0”. I guess I will have to come back and try again. For now, I am a little put off with this site and don't see much use for it in my situation.

Overall, I do like the idea of tagging. I think it will help narrow my search when looking for particular information instead of just "googling" and getting an overwhelming amount of information only partly partaining to my subject.

No comments: