Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thing #23

Perhaps you may be wondering about the title...my mother had always told me that a lady does not leave the house without lipstick and earrings.

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I absolutely loved Photo Story and can see how easy it would be to create a music video project for my kids. I think they could take their own pictures that would coincide with the lyrics in a song, then easily place them in the storyline, upload the song and Voila!!!

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I did not know how much organized and advanced certain areas of the internet were!!! I mean, I was stuck in the basic googling for information and jumping from one website to another to find information, but I really like the idea of organizing my websites for searches as well as having access from other computers. This course will greatly affect the way I organize my internet information

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Not really! I don't think that there was anything unexpected as my librarian had already filled me in on all the cool things that Library2Play would teach me. I will say that it has completely given me a creative drive to incorporate different technology into my classroom that I hadn't really thought of previously.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
Yikes!! I'm not very critical of the way this program was formatted. I enjoyed the flow and I truly enjoyed all the information and directions as well as the helpful "how to" videos you embedded into each Thing when necessary.


5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
Without a doubt, YES!!! In fact, I am going to have to revisit this site over and over to increase and further my understanding and expertise on the things I learned. I want to become an expert on many of the "things"!!!


6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
Magnetic!!! (I loved learning and didn't want to stop!)

Now go and comment on some of the other Players' blogs:
Well, first, I am going to go back to Thing #21 and figure out how in the world to show my video that I am so proud of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: