Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thing #9

Ok...I have been gone for a while. Vacation then my computer came down with a horrid virus that I have yet to get rid of.

Thing #9 - There was a time when the internet first came out where I was able to network with other elementary music teachers using the AOL bulletin boards. Those have long been gone and I have searched for another way to learn and hear from other elementary music teachers on a more personal level than a mass elementary website governed by a large music corporation.

I was very happy (not surprised) to know that you can google blogs as well. I liked the Google Blog Search for that reason. Found it very easy to find what I am looking for and can see how it will help start my school year on a good note.

Topix was very thorough and had lots of information, but it can be a bit overwhelming and repetitive if you are already connected to other news sources, however, I do think that I can learn to "give up" those other sources and better utilize what it has to offer.

No comments: